Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The best of both worlds

Back to my early morning routine starting today, November 3. It feels good to wake up early. I can now return to my regular sleep pattern. Nice.
The reason: school break is over; regular school days are back.
I can enjoy the cool early morning breeze; admire Mt. Matutum’s splendor; listen to Christmas music on CD and write. Ah write, write. Like I told my friends, I will write until I turn old and gray.
The cool breeze is softly blowing. It makes me shiver. Hmmm it’s really Christmas very soon. It’s the chilly air that gives it away.
The rice field is green. Green is really delightful. I wonder why God chose green for most plants. There must be a reason. Aesthetic? Therapeutic? Scientific? Hmmm. All of the above?
Well, the sky is mostly blue, land is mostly brown; it must be to contrast the beauty and significance of all His creation.
Whatever the motivation, I’m benefited. I see the green rice field every single day (minus the days and months I’m not home naturally) of my life for the past fifteen years.
Well, this beautiful scenery is perfect setting for a writer. Every day, you look at the wide expanse and appreciate what you have for a milieu. You have the best of both worlds. You live in the city but in a rustic setting. What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment