Thursday, January 19, 2012

Serendipity

I was at a doughnut shop yesterday afternoon waiting for some young people. I was early so I decided to observe my environs.

I took photos. I have found photography most enjoyable. Many thanks to an unexpected December project - the best Christmas surprise ever, I was able to buy a camera.

The photos are inspired by serendipity. There is no theme. It’s just spur-of-the-moment inspiration.
It's not a very busy street yet at mid-afternoon.

The road is wide and spacious... for now.
The biggest shopping mall to locate in the city is nearing completion.
Tree-lined Santiago Blvd. Hopefully the trees will not give way to development.  



After about nearly an hour of waiting – like I said, I was there early, the young people arrived and we started the meeting. The serious matter was sprinkled with guffaws and laughter from time to time. It was fun. It is really fun to be with the young. You hear their unspoken thoughts and issues. Of course, since we are all young once, we can relate with what they go through. After all, we all share life phases at different periods of our life.

Get connected with young people. With them, hope springs eternal. 

Food for thought:

Good habits formed at youth make all the difference. – Aristotle

Passion rebuilds the world for the youth. It makes all things alive and significant. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment