Friday, September 16, 2011

Cool change

“If there’s one thing in my life that’s missing, it’s the time that I spend alone. Sailing on the cool and bright clear water.” Those are the first two lines of “Cool change” by “The Little River Band”.
I was out with Jessica and her hubby tonight to listen to music of my generation courtesy of the regular band at Mismo bar. This is my second time to visit Mismo this year. My first visit was last month. The quiet entertainment suddenly turned celebrated when Cesar Montano unexpectedly materialized on the scene and sang two songs from his newest album. Methinks he was promoting in all the city bars that night. After staying for about twenty minutes, he and his entourage of musicians vanished, maybe hitting another bar. Haha fancy that. You will never know what awaits you in a bar huh! We were just there for music and we had a bonus, to boot.
I remember being there for the first time a couple of years ago. 2007 I think. Oh my, it’s been ages ago.
But anyway, we all have our favorite music and I must say I love real bands. Not the neophytes who are loud, out of pitch or tune, and look rowdy onstage but the pro that can carry a tune effortlessly.
As far back as I can remember I have always enjoyed live bands influenced to a great extent by our eldest brother Angelus who played bass guitar in a professional band since college. We used to tag along each time they had a gig in one of Tagbilaran City’s bars many years ago. Was that too long ago? Haha. Anyways, even when I have left Bohol to work in Cebu and eventually relocated to Gen. Santos (and back to Cebu; and then Iloilo), I have always wanted to listen to real music. I always find time to listen to real music. It’s true. Music is food for the soul. Live performers especially the professional ones create beautiful music that pleases the ears and senses. It’s like magic. You relish the sound; you relish the good feeling.
Whatever shall we do without music huh! Your guess is as good as mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment