Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The question finally caught up with me

Friday evening as I was setting my alarm for a 7:30 A.M. appointment the following day, Saturday, I received a call. Curious. What could have inspired this person to call me up hmmm?

After the usual greeting, the first line goes: “Belinda, do you speak Ilonggo?”
That finally hit me. Why is it that after so many years in the city, I have not learned to speak Ilonggo? Hmmm. Most of my colleagues at work were Ilonggos and almost everyone else can speak Ilonggo but I can only understand a handful of words. Tsk…tsk. My loss.

But let’s look at the bright side. We can always minimize our losses and focus on our strengths, can’t we?

So this weekend, I will start my Ilonggo crash course. I have got to speak the language man! It’s a must.

Ilonggo (Hiligaynon), here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment